Hexagram 6 – conflict seems to be one of the most unpopular hexagrams at all, because so far I did not receive a single feedback to this answer of the I Ching. Or the answer is so clear that nobody has found it necessary to send me a message… Continue reading “06 – conflict”
I was told two job stories these days. Both situations involve encroaching employers. In one case, extra (unpaid) hours are demanded with a flimsy justification; in the other, extra tasks were assigned that require extra work, which is then not paid. The I Ching‘s commentary in both cases is 10 – the treading. Continue reading “10 – treading (conduct)”
Our mental clarity, our ability to differentiate between important and unimportant, is the pivotal point of this hexagram. Our clarity allows us to analyze a situation and the various aspects it comprises: What are my options in this situation? Which of these options should I choose to achieve best results? What or who will help me, give me strength, promote my growth? What aspects of this situation are blocking me or lead me to a dead end in the long term? Sometimes it is enough to have just mental clarity. Sometimes, however, we must take action for the situation to develop and to gain momentum. Continue reading “13 – fellowship with men”
Scope of Questions
I received the following questions and descriptions of situations that resulted in hexagram 25 – innocence:
- One user writes: “After an unpleasant event a few months ago, I am more or less in a kind of crisis. I have my life under control and am getting along reasonably well, but emotionally I am still very much shaken. Since then I try to understand the best I can what actually happened – also by questioning the I Ching.”
- Another user asks: “Please, tell me how the story between me and x will develop further during the upcoming year!”
- A users has met a person in a quite unique way who later on turned out to be very important for her. Her question: “Will we meet again? Or: what’s the point?”
- One user asks: “What’s next?”
Scope of Questions
For hexagram 28 – Preponderance of the Great users shared various – in part dramatic – situations with me. What is the common denominator? Eventually, how important it is, in the darkest moment, to be centered, to recollect on oneself: “I, I, all I!”
- One user asks the I Ching: “Will I meet the man, who I think I can love?”
- Another user asks: “How will my professional situation evolve?”
- “Will S. marry me one day?” is yet another user’s question. She knows the much older S. for several years now, the two have talked about marriage and children. However, so far S. made no move to implement anything of it, the two are not even in a relationship. Does S. just make the user wait?
- For quite some time now another user experiences her marriage as a dead end road; over the years she had a secret lover, a situation which made her suffer. Last year her son was severely injured in an accident, today the spouses together take care for the permanently disabled child. The secret lover has definitively quit. The marriage persists as an empty shell. The user feels stressed and unhappy in the current situation. For three years now, she intensively practices Qigong and Taiji.
- “What do I need to let go of?” a user asks, and the I Ching answers with hexagram 28 – preponderance of the great.*
* The user’s original question had been “What should I do to deal with all my current problems?” The I Ching’s initial answer had been hexagram 21 – biting through. However, to the user this seemed to be more than a mere slogan of perseverance. Thus the above follow-up question.
The current interpretation can be found here: http://www.no2do.com/hexagramme_en/877778.htm
And now a short recipe for… happiness! 1. Briefly take stock and examine what may be an unnecessary burden, blocking your forces and as a result weakening. Let go all of it! 2. This releases new energies are and off you go…. Without any active involvement from your side, something starts happening: unstoppably, relentlessly, pushing out from your own core. Like a caterpillar inside the cocoon turning into a butterfly, invisibly following its own perfect pathway. Continue reading “31 – influence”
Being truthful – that is a big word. How to get there? In many small steps, one after the other, until eventually one day we arrive: at self-centeredness. One with ourselves. Initially you may perceive your inner truth only vaguely. But by and by it intensifies. And one day you will start to express it. To the environment. Bravely. Uncensored.
How to solve open issues / unfinished tasks / open points? Much by tackling the problem and work it down. However, some issues can not be solved and checked off through our intervention, sometimes the solution lies beyond our possibilities. Continue reading “33 – retreat”
Scope of Questions
Several users have worked with Hexagram 44 – Coming to Meet and shared their questions:
- “I fell in love with a married man and now waver back and forth. My question: What is there to learn for me in this situation?”
- “Why does my sister currently treat me so nasty?”
- “How should I deal with the frustration caused by my professional and private situation – a frustration I hardly can shake off?”
- Another user on professional life: “What situation am I in concerning my self-employment?”
- A mother whose children recently moved out: “I suffer from Empty Nest Syndrome and feel empty and without vision. What can I do to fill my life with new meaning?
- Another user asks: “How can I better support myself?” He explains the background of his question as follows: “In the past I put myself under a lot of pressure, but now I realize that it was too much. Now, one part of myself is in resistance and almost doesn’t let me take another step (boycott). That is very frustrating. At the same time, now, whenever I devote myself to activities that really suit me, strength and desire come back. Even my face changes, I look years younger, within minutes.
- One user asks: “Is my path to be continued passively or do I need expansive change?”
The current interpretation can be found here: http://www.no2do.com/hexagramme_en/877777.htm